Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

About Me

Search This Blog

Iqra!

Here you will find children and parenting books that I love and recommend. Library* Library Part 2* Islamic Library *Hair Library *Chapter Books

Segmented thoughts

Jan 8, 2011

Iqra because reading is fundamental

One of my good friends has recently challenged me (and herself) to read a book a week. I am excited to have some motivation to read the hundreds of books spewed across my home. I have books still in shrink wrap on my bookshelf, books in boxes hidden in closets and corners, vhs racks converted into book-shelfs, books in just about every room. I tend to see something interesting buy it and then never get around to reading it. But the tide has changed, and starting today I will get around to them.

In addition to reading a book a week we will be writing a review of it. Guess who gets to benefit? You do (and the crowd roars). While my book reviews will give you a general idea of the content of the book they wont be another version of clip notes. Instead I will provide
my humble opinion, focusing on interesting and or insightful content, what I enjoyed and disliked, where you could purchase the book, if I would recommend it to a friend, background on the author and whatever else floats my boat at the moment.

I will most likely also provide links to the books my friend is reading, especially if we happen to read the same book or a book on the same topic. Feel free to join the challenge and or recommend books to read.

So look out for reviews on these books
Grow It: How to Grow Afro-Textured Hair to Maximum Lengths in the Shortest Time by Chicoro




Believing Women in Islam: Unreading Patriarchal Interpretations of the Qur'an by Asma Barlas




Play to Talk: A practic
al Guide to Help Your Late-Talking Child Join in the Conversation by James MacDonald Ph.D and Pam Stoika Ph.D


Curly Like Me: how to grow your hair healthy, long and strong by Teri LaFlesh

Deeper Roots: Muslims in the Americas and the Caribbean from before Columbus to the present by Ar. Abdullah Hakim Quick


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails